The Thomas Wolsey 550 project has launched a £30,000 Community Grants programme, to fund a wide variety of projects which will benefit communities in Ipswich.
Applications for £1,000 – £3,000 are open from now until Fri 30th June to voluntary and community groups, charities, social enterprises, and Community Interest Companies to help them to deliver projects, activities or events.
The Community Grants programme is an opportunity for small organisations in Ipswich with big ideas to help elevate aspects of local heritage and offer something new and beneficial to everyone who lives here.
The funding scheme, which is supported by WTW, welcomes applications for community-focused projects which amplify any aspect of our local heritage and meet one of these objectives:
- Increases social mobility – helps to build a sense of aspiration for local people.
- Promotes mental or physical health and wellbeing through accessing and/or experiencing local culture and heritage.
- Creates opportunities for, or involves children and young people up to the age of 25.
- Supports Ipswich communities – focusing on one or more individual communities, or a specific geographic area of the town.
- Takes place in areas of Ipswich where engagement in cultural and heritage activity is low.